Monday, March 15, 2010

CiteHR Human Resource Management

CiteHR Human Resource Management


Thinking about Insurance Sales Experience v/s others Sector Sales Experience i.e. FMC

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 03:05 PM PDT

Career in Sales is one of the most exciting and financially rewarding of all the different business sectors. A successful career in sales can give us the opportunity to earn the top salaries and move our career upwards into the boardroom. But at this time if any Insurance Industry sales professional approach or apply for job in other sector like FMCG, Consumer Durable, Telecom etc, they never entertain these profiles for opening positions in sales.
I want to know what the reason for this rejection is, why the other sectors companies HR's are not entertain the Insurance sector sales experience candidates?
This is the very important issue for every sale's professional.


what is the performance appraisal procedure in standard chartered Bank?

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 12:55 PM PDT

i need some information on the performance appraisal system of Standard Chartered Bank.

please let me know it in this thread or mail me at


Biotech

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 12:24 PM PDT

Hi,
I'm pursing M.tech biotech (second sem), I want to know that in which field do project then give me more exposure regarding the job and growth..in future ?
intrest in Genetic engg., plant tissue culture, bioprocess engg., animal tissue culture etc ..
please guide me , its some what confusing me ....

Thanks !


How can employee reward contribute to development and maintainance of any workforce

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 12:01 PM PDT

Please can you evaluate how employee reward practices may contribute to the development and maintenance of an engaged workforce in any company

Please you can e-mail a reply to my mail box


Communication skills

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 11:31 AM PDT

Thanks for the feedback on the book hrm handbook. Happy that it has been useful to so many.

Here is a very readable small book on communication skills.

Enjoy. Hope this will be useful to even more people.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf COMMUNICATION SKILLS.pdf (1.02 MB)


Interview Panic.

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 09:59 AM PDT

Hello Seniors,

Im here for guidance on what kind of questions to expect and what the interviewers would expect as an answer when im gonna attend an interview for the post of Zonal / national level in the Corporate Communications Sector.... Please do guide me as im gonna attend an interview after nearly 7 yrs.... Thats the reason im having these panic butterflies...

Just b'coz im offered this job due to certain good network i wanna prove myself to the board that im worthy of the post and donot wanna let down the person who has faith in my capabilities and recommended me. Please guide me. Hoping for a real good guidance...

Thank you.


Retirement

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 09:43 AM PDT

Dear all,

Is an employee deemed to be retired if he attains Age of 58.
as our co. policy retirement age is 58.

if he wants to continue for futher six months can he perform his duties


pls suggest

Rgds
Satya


Questionnaire for Trade Unionism in a fertilizer company

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 09:31 AM PDT

Dear CiteHR team,
I'm new to this site. Can anyone help me in drafting questionnaire related to Trade Unionism with respect to a fertilizer manufacturing firm. Pls be kind enough towards me, really in need of it. It's for my MBA final project.


I need guidance on Career Change!!!

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 09:11 AM PDT

Dear Seniors,
I approach you all with some humility and lots of hope, having been a member of this forum for nearly 4 years and reaping the benefits to some extent.
I am an army (infantry) officer who has completed 20 years service and will be retiring in Apr 10. Presently, I am undergoing a Full time 6 months Executive management programme at IIM, Bangalore, which will terminate in June end.
Having arrived at the thresh-hold of a major career change, its but natural that I have some introspection to do (which I already have), but its out of this introspection that some questions arise, and thats why I approach the wise and experienced men and ladies of this august forum for the requisite advice and guidance with hope, nay, certainity that it will be as forthcoming as it has always been.
My SW part of SWOT analysis is:
I am a people's person, innate interest in the lives and well being of my colleagues and friends, I find it easy to interact with any stranger. I have been the most loved and most respected officer by my jawans and officers, wherever I have served and till date they keep in touch with me. I have gone way out and taken extra ordinary risks for their well being and welfare. I have no hang-ups of my rank or service.
My weakness is that anything to do with Finance is a strict No-No. My term at IIMB has made it amply clear to me that subjects like Corporate finance, Business Stats, Managarial Accounting, Resource Optimisation are meant to be sufferred, not endured, unlike Corporate Communicatons and Communication skills or Intercultural Management.
So, dear seniors tell me:
1. How is the current job market, specially in Pune, where I belong and where I want to work.
2. How do I go about looking for a job? (And pls dont quote the What Color is your Parachute book)!!!
3. What is the vertical that I should choose... HR/ Admin/ Gen Management???? I ain't much interested in Security... having done it all my life.
4. What is the likelihood of me landing a good job at an appropriately senior level?
5. Should I approach MNCs or SMEs for a job? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?
6. What is the CTC that I should look forward to?
Well, thats all that I can think of for now, questions will keep on arising and I will endeavour to solve them as we proceed along the way.

Thanks and bye for now,
As always yours,

Yogesh Joshi.


7 Great Ways Avoid Bad Job Interviews ?

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 08:59 AM PDT

Are you wondering how to avoid bad job interviews.For more go to http://www.linkive.com/home/browser/...%7C%20eHow.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment